October 21, 2010

Things I've been loving...

1. Art for Aidan via Etsy. Aidan has leukemia. The people who love him set up an Etsy shop to sell prints of his drawings to raise money for his medical bills. They think he draws great monsters. I think so too. Prints are $12.



2. The Daily Puppy. Don't start laughing at me. Ok, go ahead. Laugh. But for those of you who are like me and can't have a dog right now, but want one, you are going to thank me. This site allows you to live vicariously through others. Here's a photo of my latest favorite. His name is Cello. If that's not cute, I don't know what is.



3. Audio Poetry via Slate. The other day, another dear friend of mine sent me some audio clips of poetry, after I was moaning about the recent decline in my reading abilities (hey, did I ever tell you I have amazing friends?). That inspired me to snoop around and see what else I could find. Turns out I hit the jackpot when I stumbled upon Slate's poetry podcast. You can subscribe to receive a free poem each week, read by its author. And don't worry, you can even go back and download past poems. Believe me, I checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment